U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old member asked:

I sprained my ankle 3 weeks ago during a soccer game.. and the pain keeps getting worse, should i get crutches?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joseph Newman
Podiatry 33 years experience
See a doctor: You may have "just a sprain", but some sprains can be severe to need extensive care, including surgery, immobilization, and/or physical therapy. Plus, you want to make sure you do not have a fracture. Good luck!
Dr. Jeffrey Kahn
45 years experience
No: You should be examined by a podiatrist or orthopedist . You may have an i diagnosed fracture.
Last updated Apr 9, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.