South Africa

what is the prognosis for skin cancer on chest? very large section cut out with reconstructive surgery done and pre-oral cancer ?

Dr. James Goodpaster
Dentistry 29 years experience
Ask Oncologist: Skin cancer when caught early & depedning on type usually has a good recovery rate but you will always be at risk & need to stay out of the sun. The pre-cancer in the oral cavity will generally resolve if you stop with the causative agent (tobacco use #1). Work with your dentist, dermatologist & oncologist and ask them your prognosis but keept them all informed of everything else going on.
Dr. Vishnu Rumalla
Plastic Surgery 25 years experience
Depends: Thanks for your inquiry, but without your pathology reports and operative report, it is hard to know.
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgical Oncology 17 years experience
Depends: This depends on what type of skin cancer you had, and also on the stage of the cancer.