Springfield, MO

looking over the findings of my mri, it says: c6-c7 shows a central spur with ventral effacement of the thecal sac. what does that mean exactly?

Dr. Michael Dugan
Specializes in Hematology
A bone: Spur in the low neck pressing on the sac which contains the cerebrospinal fluid protecting the spinal cord.
Dr. David Dang
Radiology 14 years experience
Degenerative changes: Degenerative changes in the cervical spine cause the vertebral body to form bone spurs. The bone spurs then encroach into the spinal canal. The first thing to happen next is the the structure around the spinal cord is displaced or compress by the spurs. In this case the dural sac that surrounds the spinal cord.