I m suffering from pain which initiates from my neck and goes upto the back of the head. mri scan shows loss of normal cervical lordosis due to muscle spasm. at c6/c7 there is a mild left paracentral disc bulge causing thecal sac indentation.help?

Dr. Lauren Bickel
Specializes in Family Medicine
Physical therapy : The disc herniation can potentially cause a nerve injury if there is pressure on the nerve in that area, which supplies sensation & motor function to the arm primarily. If the reflexes & muscle strength are normal, usually a period of time with physical therapy is tried before any surgery, although surgery may have to be considered. Talk to ordering Dr
Last updated May 25, 2020