my sinus problem never persist even after my nasal opetation. i have to rely on oral medication for certain time. what is the best cure?

Dr. John Chastain
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 19 years experience
It depends: From what i gather, you still have sinus problems after sinus surgery. Very broadly, persistent allergies, smoking, possible need for revision surgery, problems with the immune system, ongoing exposure to germs (e.g. Kindergarten teachers), and a tendency for sinus polyps to regrow are possibilities. Rarely is surgery a total "cure, " so it is important to follow up or maybe get a second opinion.
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 29 years experience
Hello, I will usually recommend that the patient return to my clinic when the sinus symptoms are so bad that you would think you would need to be placed on another antibiotic. At this time, we perform an endoscopic culture. I send mine to MicroGen where genetic profiling is performed to guide us with topical antibiotic therapy. This culture is best obtained when you are not on an antibiotic. I hope this helps.
Jan 6, 2019

Last updated Jan 7, 2019