Australia

An shen bu xin wan is it ok to take with zoloft (sertraline) 200mg and valium 4mg a day?

Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
Individual's need : Based on the symptom severity & individual tolerance to medications and idiosyncracy reactions ( inappropriate sensitivity -undersensitivity/oversensitivity for a particular individual for certain medications whereas other patients may not have any issues at all ) the doses differ. You are on the maximum dose of zoloft (sertraline). Valium 4mg is not a high dose.If ok for u without much sedation , ok to cont.
Dr. Mohammed Younus
No research: Shen bu xin wan is a chinese herb used for symptomatic relief of palpitations. It has been used in insomnia, anemia and anxiety. Unfortunately there no double blind studies showing that it even works. It is unclear what are active ingredients. Talk to your psychiatrist before you go on any herbal supplements.
Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
Dr Mohammed Younus, I didn't realize that patient was refering to a herbal medication in addn. to zoloft and valium. I wrongly understood that he was asking whether ok for the current dose IS OK. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR EXPLAINING TO HIM AND I ALSO LEARN ABOUT THIS HERBAL MEDICATION FROM YOU.
Mar 4, 2013

Last updated Apr 19, 2013