why does my baby have bow legs?

Dr. Roy Benaroch
Normal: All newborns have bowlegs-- that's the shape babies have to fit in the womb. They get less bowed as babies bear weight and walk.

Is it normal for babies to have bow legs?

Dr. Scott Katz
Yes: Most babies are born "bow-legged" because of their position in the womb. Babies who were in breech position for most of the pregnancy, tend to have straighter legs, but can have problems with their hips. Bow legs are usually not treated, and will straighten as the child walks. If a child becomes more bow legged as they grow, more investigation is required.

Why does my calf hurt when I stand on my toes?

Dr. Eric Lullove
Podiatry 19 years experience
Tight Calf Muscles!: The reason your calf hurts is how tight the entire muscle group is. When you stand on your toes, the calf muscle contracts, and if it is tight, then you may have pain. Performing runners' stretches are very beneficial and should help reduce the pain. If it continues, seek medical treatment with a podiatrist.
Richmond, KY

What the best thing to use on infant heat bumps?

Dr. Shontae Buffington
Leave them alone: The best thing to do is to leave them alone. Try to get rid of the offending agent, heat, over bundling; consider an office visit if baby's skin does not improve. It may be eczema or another common childhood rash.
Egypt

My baby is one month and 25 days she just took the rota vaccinatin and vommited right after 2 minutes is that ok or do I have to repeat the vaccination?

Repeat if desired: A general "rule of thumb" for oral meds is any vomiting within 15 minutes loses all the med & if needed it can be repeated. Vomiting after 30 minutes not so much.I try to let a kids stomach settle for an hour or so before repeating any med. I'm not a particular fan of this vaccine & don't consider it one of the must haves.
Canada

My baby seem to forget breathing at night, is it normal?

Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Probably!: Most babies pause breathing for 15 to 20 seconds in the first few months of life. If the breathing resumes spontaneously and there is no change in color it s usually normal. Make sure you take him to his doctor for a ceck up.