under my adam's apple kind of hurts and it feels like something is stuck. i'm a girl so i don't have an adam's apple. what could it be?

Dr. Jeffry Gill
Hyoid pain?: Under your adam's apple is a bone (and surrounding tissue) that can sometimes get twisted or pulled out of place and be tender. The thyroid gland is also in that area, and can hurt when inflamed. Things aren't supposed to hurt or feel stuck...But there are several different possibilities. A visit to your doctor who can evaluate you more closely would be a very good idea.