A member asked:

I have a cyst on my shin near ankle and pain from my knee to my foot on the front side of my leg. please help me figure this out.

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Lower leg pain: Need to see fp or orthopedic specialist to evaluate condition. Cyst may be causing nerve compression depending on its location. Any history of injury to leg/ankle? Any cysts elsewhere?

Answered 3/2/2013


Dr. Jeffrey Kass answered

Specializes in Podiatry

The two may not be : Related. The cyst should be examined by a doctor anyway. The pain from the knee to the foot could be many things from shin splints to a stress fracture to a tendonitis to a neuritis. See an orthopedist for clinical exam and treatment.

Answered 3/3/2013



Related Questions