Forney, TX

I'm a hairstylist and my left ankle and foot have had a tingling pain for over 2 weeks now. what could it be?

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
See below: It could be that you twisted your left ankle and there is swelling on the tendon and nerve creating the tingling.
Dr. Henry Tseng
Podiatry 27 years experience
Foot tingling: Tingling in the foot and ankle can be tarsal tunnel syndrome which is an entrapped nerve in ankle radiating to your foot, or a neuroma, inflamed nerve in the ball of your foot radiating up to your ankle. For your job you are standing all day long, you need to wear wide comfortable shoes and put orthotics in the shoes to reduce abnormal pressure on your arches and ankles. Diabetes is also a cause.
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 36 years experience
Tingling: Because you state tingling is in your foot and ankle it sounds like tarsal tunnel syndrome. Seek the help of a podiatrist - orthotics are a big help and your podiatrist can get them made for you. Good luck.

Last updated Sep 7, 2013