Richland, IN

Have had sinus infection off\on for 3 months. now my eyes and face hurt. even to smile hurts. should i be worried? left side neck tender. tension?

Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
Yes: If it causes facial pain and sensitivity , need to get antibiotics after confirmation of the sinusitis by clinical examination , and preferably ct scan of sinuses , to be orderd by the pcp , and if not ct scan atleast xray of sinuses. Somethimes the opening of the sinuses are blocked which tends to cause stagnation of the mucus and pus inside the sinuses and can cause pain, fever. See pcp/ent doctor.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
3 months: about two and a half months too long. You need professional care. Because of the length of time your have been infected, because it sounds as if the infection may be spreading, and the recurrent nature of the infection, I would suggest that you consult with an Ear/Nose/Throat (Otolaryngologist) specialist.

Last updated Jun 1, 2019