U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 22-year-old female asked:

Feel like i'm getting a sinus infection face,head hurt, nose is swollen on left side, lip is swollen, face feels hot and puffy n sore? what can i do?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Louis Cooper
Pediatrics 50 years experience
Visit your doctor: Please see your ENT doctor to be evaluated and treated for what sounds to be sinus iinfection, as you wrote. If you have fever, be seen today. Feel better. (If you can not see your physician, see your local clinic or Emergency Room>)
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Esther Poza-juncal
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Allergy/infection: You are describing symptoms that could be due to allergy or to a sinus infection. Taking an anti-histamine like Claritin, (loratadine) Allegra or Zyrtec (not all 3) will help allergy a lot, and maybe help sinus infection a little. If you have a fever, chills and/or sweats then sinus infection is more likely. If symptoms don't clear up with an anti-histamine, then you should see a doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 22, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.