There are some dark brown almost black, hard as a rock (pebble like) small pieces in my stool for a month. what is my problem please?

Pathology 45 years experience
Diverticulosis: Ask your physician on your next visit whether it is worth 'scoping you to look for diverticular disease. It is not especially treatable. The diverticula catch stool, and it hardens in the pouches until it escapes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care 26 years experience
Hard 2 say: But there are many other non-blood causes of dark stools (meds, diet, etc) . Fortunately it is easy to tell by bringing a small sample to your md to test for blood. If blood is found a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy could be performed to rule out a source of bleeding. If no blood, may be dietary. See a doctor.
Last updated Jan 31, 2020