Australia

i have a hard small white lesion developed in the inner corner of my eye on the mucous membrane (not on the eye lid). in the middle of the red tissue? see file photo i have sent

Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Pinguecula: I do not know how to find or open your file. It sounds like a pinguecula which is lead you'd degeneration of the conjunctiva caused by exposure yo the environment (sun, wind, dryness, uv light). Wear sun glasses and keep the eye lubricated with artificial tears, and wear a hat. See and ophthalmologist.
Dr. William Dieck
Ophthalmology 38 years experience
Axenfeld's Loop: These are loops of nervous tissue (posterior ciliary) that are visible on the whte part of the eye sclera). They are normal. Don't worry about them.

Last updated Feb 29, 2020