A member asked:

I have a really tight ligament in my foot, and my doctor said it was rare and almost everytime i walk my ankle cracks. what would be good for the pain?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. David Cohen answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

See a podiatrist- foot specialist. Most likely you have a condition called plantar fasciitis which can be helped with special shoes.

Answered Feb 21, 2013


Dr. Michelle Achor answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Calf stretching, ankle joint range of motion exercises like tracing the alphabet a to z with your toes, and anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen. I recommend a thorough exam by a foot and ankle specialist.

Answered Nov 25, 2014


Dr. Jagat Mehta answered

Specializes in

Inflammater agent like naprosyn or Motrin or aleve (naproxen).

Answered Jun 30, 2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor