U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old female asked:

I've have bad rectal bleeding for the past year (toilet water looks like pure blood) i know i have a internal hemroid. what can i do to treat it?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Rimmer
General Surgery 41 years experience
Treat your hemorrhoi: If you are having persistent bleeding despite stool softeners and a high fiber diet with plenty of fluids you should see a dr who specializes in hemorrhoids and band it or treat it so the bleeding will be stopped.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. John Rimmer
Dr. John Rimmer commented
General Surgery 41 years experience
Provided original answer
Have you had any treatment for this before?
Feb 20, 2013
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Colon and Rectal Surgery 17 years experience
See a doctor: Start with some good fiber supplement, unflavored psyllium. Mix a teaspoon in 16 oz of water and drink nightly. As you are doing this, i would also suggest seeing a physician to confirm the diagnosis. It more than likely is this, common things being common. However, rare things still do occur. Do not sit and read your ipad on the toilet.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 2, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.