U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old female asked:

Diagnosed with hsv1. sores to vaginal area that itch and burn. yellow thin discharge with ammonia order. took valtrex (valacyclovir). sores left and csme back worser?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Zahid Ahmed
Dentistry 12 years experience
See your doctor: Hsv1 can be treated with a few different anti viral medications. How and when you treat will depend on what stage/phase it is in. You may be having a flare up and need to alter your prescription. You should see your doctor to determine if the Valtrex (valacyclovir) isn't working or if you are having a flare up and need to modify your prescription. Good luck!
Dr. Gustavo Ruiz de Castilla
Periodontics 33 years experience
Candida infection: Your symptoms strongly point to a candida infection best known as "yeast infection". You may try some of the over the counter medications to rule out candidiasis. If you do not get relief after using these drugs you may want to visit your obgyn.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Feb 18, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.