i fell down the stairs last year .... i still have a black mark on my leg and it feels like cardboard .... its actually a blood clot ...

Dr. Ted King
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Hematoma: I am sorry to hear about your fall. That had to hurt. It sounds as though you might very well have a hematoma (a blood clot under the skin) from the injury. These blood clots are not the kind that travel and become dangerous but they do hurt and can take a very long time to go away--often 6 weeks or longer. If you have swelling in your leg, or if you are concerned, i would see your doctor.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
1