A 21-year-old female asked:

Hi i m 21female. i wanto increase my height by two inches. i have started taking l-arginine nd ornitgine supplements. anything else can help me ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. David Brouwer
Internal Medicine 32 years experience
No: Hi! unfortunately, at 21 years old your growth plates are closed and further height increase is unlikely.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 12, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.