I wany to loose weight?

6 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Shabbir Hossain answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

It's a long process: Losing weight is a long but rewarding process. Start by keeping a food diary and seeing how many calories a day you are normally eating. Then go online, and use a calculator to see the maximum calories you should be eating. All those extra calories = weight. Then start eating less, balanced meal, and start exercising!

Answered 10/23/2018

6.1k views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Losing weight: Recommend that calories burned exceed calories in. Drinking at least 8 8 ounce glasses per day is important for both hydration and weight control. Try to get in whole foods (fiber) as well as 5 servings of vegetables and 4 servings of fruit per day. Physical activity is essential. At least 8 hours of sleep per night helps. Aim for at least 30 minutes of aerobic activity at least 5 days per week

Answered 10/23/2018

259 views

Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Losing weight: To lose 1 pound of body fat in a week, you have to reduce your daily intake of calories by 500 calories each day for a total of 3500 calories in a week.

Answered 10/24/2018

258 views