U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old male asked:

Have excessive itching in my genital area & anus. have seen a number of doctors & they have given cortezone and antifungal cream but no change.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Colon and Rectal Surgery 43 years experience
Cut back on : Any caffeine and especially beer, and keep the area dry with cornstarch powder. Avoid the greasy ointments. If fungus is suspected use anti fungal powder such aas Mycostatin (nystatin) rather than the creams.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 16, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.