Abingdon, VA

Sprained ankle 12 weeks ago. still hurts to tilt and pops. i think my stretching like the doc. said is making it worse. any suggestions?

Dr. Laura Piluso
Podiatry 25 years experience
Possibly chronic: If you injured this 3 months ago and it was not immobilized properly, you might have lost some of the tensile strength in that tendon. Thus, it is stretched out moreso and now "shifts" (pops) in/out of alignment. I would recommend a second opinion for a thorough exam and possible need for mri. Physical therapy tens, aircast and possible orthotics to stabilize the foot might be warrented.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
See a foot and ankle: Specialist....Depending on the severity of the injury, at 12 weeks you should be at a comfortable enough point, unless there is damage that could of been missed. Popping may conotates a torn retinaculum that may need to be repaired.

Last updated Apr 1, 2019