what are some good tips for transitioning my baby to daycare?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Lisa Roberts
22 years experience Pediatrics
Practice with others: If you are the main caregiver, it is wise to allow your baby to spend some time with other people (a grandparent or friend). This will help to ease the transition to his/her care with a less familiar individual. Also, if you are breast feeding, be sure to slowly introduce your baby to taking a bottle for ease of transitioning to bottle feeding well before your baby will leave the home.
Answered on Dec 25, 2014
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Prepare for illness: Realize that your child will be exposure to multiple viral infections. The younger your baby the more likely your child is to be more seriously affected. During winter months in temperate climates your child may be ill every other week. This does not mean your baby is sickly.
Answered on Oct 1, 2013
4