baby will be 7w5d on thursday and is scheduled to start daycare. however, her first round of shots will be administered a week later. risk?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Melissa Gowans
20 years experience Pediatrics
Daycare: For the illnesses that we typically immunize for at 2 months your baby really isn't at increased risk over just one week. "Herd immunity" - as long as other parents are getting their kids immunized decreases your baby's risk of exposure there decreases the likelihood of getting one of those serious infections.
Answered on Aug 31, 2014
Dr. Sunnie Skiles
33 years experience Pediatrics
Day care: First I want you to be aware that your baby still has passive antibodies she received from you that will protect her from many of the common viruses. Picking a day care that has 5 or less other children will also decrease the number of illnesses. Most of the shots she will get will protect her from very serious illnesses, like meningitis. Make sure all other kids are immunized.
Answered on Aug 31, 2014