A member asked:

Just had my blood tests it says elevated immunoglubin a ( iga). having diarreah and gas bloating, mixed bowel movements, doc says it may be ibs?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Ed Friedlander answered

Specializes in Pathology

Having an IgA slightly (or even considerably) about the reference range (the range into which most people fall) in the absence of a monoclonal spike (which at your age would surprise me greatly) seldom means anything. Treat the person, not the labs. Good luck.

Answered Jan 12, 2015



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor