Portage, MI

Throat is real sore, it hurts to swallow, really bad cough and hacking up chunky stuff also it feels like a extremely bad ear ache in one ear. why?

Dr. Anthony Rooklin
Allergy and Immunology 50 years experience
Infected: The symptoms you are describing are from an upper respiratory infection. While it is most likely viral, you may have a strep throat and/or an ear infection. You may need a throat culture to help determine if you need an antibiotic. If symptoms persist you should seek medical care. In the mean time, you can relieve symptoms with Ibuprofen or acetaminophen.