how selsun blue works on scabies ooo?

Dr. Joel Gallant
Infectious Disease 36 years experience
It doesn't: Selsun blue does not treat scabies.

The doctor says my baby has scabies; how can I help her stop itching?

Dr. Thad Woodard
Specializes in Pediatrics
Zyrtec/Claritin: The itching is due to an allergic reaction to the infection and can last several days to weeks. A nonsedating antihistamine line zyrtec or Claritin (loratadine) is probably the best option.

Whats the best treatment for scabies mites?

Dr. Laura Webb
5% permethrin cream: This cream is available by prescription and can be used in children as young as 2 months. The cream should be massaged into the skin from scalp to legs and left on overnight, rinsed off in the morning. All household contacts should be treated. Then wash all your clothing and bedding in hot water. You may need to repeat the cream in 1 week if itching persists.

How can I remove scabies mites from my house or carpet? Or my clothes?

Vacuum; wash clothes: To feel safe after the family had scabies or head lice, one can vacuum everywhere, and wash the washables (sheets, clothes) and dry them with the hot setting if the fabric allows it. Live mainly in one "safe room" that's super clean, and wait 10 days before living in the rest of the home. If extremely worried, repeat the vacuuming and washing once more, before living in the rest of the home.

How are dry skin and scabies different?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 46 years experience
Itches: Scabies is very itchy at night and affects certain areas- wrist between fingers, genitals, ar pits, ankles and waist band. There are little raised bumps in these areas. Dry skin os mildly itchy.Scabies must be treated. Ot os contagious.

Could you tell me what are scabies and how does it affect children emotionally?

Dr. J. patrick Tokarz
Specializes in Family Medicine
Mites: Mites itch like crazy, contagious.