Lubbock, TX

after i swim i get swollen lymph nodes for a couple days (on the right side of my body) in my groin area, neck, & armpit. i'm not sick at all. ?

Dr. Ed Kaplan
Hematology and Oncology 39 years experience
Interesting.....: I'm assuming that it goes away after those "couple days"? I don't know why you would have one-sided lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph glands) unless it has something to do with contact in the water, like chlorine. I suggetst that you go to see a doctor while the glands are swollen so that he can check you out (maybe make your appointment and go swimming first!) any other symptoms: rash, fever, etc?
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 36 years experience
Monitoring Centers: Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells/digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph everywhere for bad stuff like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.