TX

My 3 yr old have high fever, runny nose, vomiting, small rash on trunk, and is irritable.. sister have fever but no vomiting.. wht is this? wht to do

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Sounds like viral: Although, it does sound like a viral infection, 3 days of fever is the most concerning factor. Vomiting in the 3 year old is not good either as it may cause dehydration along with fever. I'd take him to the nearest er for a check up.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Agree: It is the time of year that many viruses are circulating. Nothing replaces a face to face visit to assess what is going on. Whenever there is a rash involved, it is best to be seen as rashes cannot be adequately diagnosed without being seen.
Last updated Feb 27, 2013