U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

I am 35 and have been ghaving snoring problems for the last 4 years. earlier it was occasionally, but now it is a regular problem. help?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Edmund Lipskis
41 years experience
Have a sleep study.: Studies show that even simple snoring can increase risk of stroke. Some patients who believe they only snore, actually are having episodes where they stop breathing periodically in their sleep. This is damaging to health in many ways, including increased risk of heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, and many more issues. A sleep doctor can evaluate your snoring and give you the best recommendations.
Dr. James Donley
Dentistry 55 years experience
Sleep apnea: You need to see a sleep specialist for a sleep study. You may have sleep apnea. If sleep apnea, treatment may be an oral appliance, a breathing machine or surgery. If snoring only, and no sleep apnea, a custom made oral appliance is probably all that you will need.

Related questions

A 46-year-old member asked:
Snoring problem: what should I do!?
4 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 41-year-old member asked:
How can I control snoring problem in age 45?
4 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old male asked:
I had severe problem of snoring kindly help me?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
How should I deal with a snoring problem in my bf?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 39-year-old member asked:
What's best used to take care of a snoring problem?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Mar 26, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.