I'm an athlete, what should i do for a sore achilles problems?

Dr. Keyvan Ganz
Podiatry 20 years experience
Rest and rehab: The problem with achilles tendon is the poor circulation for healing. So it takes longer to heal than other tendons or muscles. First rest and ice the tendon to reduce the inflammation. Then stretching(dynamic and static) to reduce the tension on the tendon that causes it to get sore. First get eval by a podiatrist then they will guide you when physical therapy is right.
Dr. Oliver Wang
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 11 years experience
Good orthotics: See podiatrist for suspension casted orthotics. Stay away from foam box impressions that do not accurately capture your arch impression. Also make sure you have motion control running shoes. Not minimalist shoes.
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
39 years experience
Find cause: Must find the cause of your pain by seeing a foot and ankle specialists. Start with rest ice compression and elevation. Likely need orthotics but may consider MRI to rule out any damage to achilles.