What is the cpt code for a ruptured achilles tendon?

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
See below: There is no cpt code for a ruptured achilles tendon. The icd-9 code is 727.67 (nontraumatic) or 845.90 (traumatic).
Dr. Keyvan Ganz
Dr. Keyvan Ganz commented
Podiatry 19 years experience
Above is correct the cpt code would be for repair of the tendon which is 27654 if you want to get pricing from your insurance. Be aware that grafts could be used 15335 and other materials so talk with your surgeon.
Feb 3, 2013
Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 39 years experience
ICD-9 code 727.67: Cpt codes are used for achilles tendon treatment ; cpt: 27650 ( primary repair), 27652 (primary repair with graft); icd codes are used to code the diagnosis in icd-10for an achilles tendon tear that resulted from a traumatic event (such as coming down from a jump shot in basketball), you should report 845.09 (sprains and strains of ankle and foot; ankle.