Jordan

i have a tympanostomy tube & i wear a hearing aid, all the conditions for fungi growth is there & i had it twice, what the best i can do to avoid it?

Dr. Magalie Nelson
Pediatric ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 21 years experience
Ear fungus: Because the ear is a dark, warm, moist place , it offers an ideal environment for fungi to thrive. The hearing aid occludes the canal and makes the problem worse. Keep the hearing aids out at night to ventilate the ears - keep your ears dry. Make sure you disinfect your hearing aid daily. Use an antiseptic product that's compatible with your hearing aid. Check with your audiologist or ent.