i got 4 impacted wisdom teeth taken out today, will i be able to eat solid foods?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Chad Gretzula
Specializes in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Yes and no: It is best to wait a day or so to eat solid foods. Depending on how much surgery was done and if sutures were placed its best to eat a cool soft diet. Eat cool eggs, mashed potatoes, jello, pudding and icecream. Even protein shakes are a great supplement. I tell my patients soft diet first 48 hours and then increase your diet as tolerated. Good luck!
Answered on Jan 29, 2013
Dr. Mark Venincasa
35 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Ask your surgeon: We generally recommend a softer more homogenously textured diet until the extraction sites are closed. Your surgeon knows your specific situation. I would call your surgeon and ask.
Answered on Jan 29, 2013