U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old member asked:

I am a bank teller and am on my feet all day. i have very high arches in my feet so it's uncomfortable to wear flats. what kind of shoes would be good?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Matthew Keast
Podiatry 32 years experience
Cushioned shoes.: High arches can mean different things to different people. Feet that appear to have high arches sometimes appear different on x-rays. In general high arched feet require padding of some sort. They often do well with a low heeled shoe as well. Shoes should have a rigid heel counter. Inserts can often help too. If otc inserts don't help in a few weeks a good biomechanical work up may be warranted.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 1, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.