I've had strep throat 3x this yr and i am afraid i have it again. my son is 4 and has also had it several times. can we take something to prevent?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Who is the culprit: You maybe re infecting one another. The next time someone has a strep thost, have everyone cultured to see who the culprit is.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Claude Parola
Strep thorat: You are probably a carrier of goup a streptococcus bacteria that causes strep throat, one of the recommnedations for recurrent infection ( more than three episodes in a year) is tonsillectomy, the episodes of infection lensens over time regardless the measure taken to prevent it, treatment with antibiotics is not recommend to prevent recurrence either.