Will the dentist fill my cavities first or clean my teeth when i go in for my appointment?

Dr. Ira Biderman
Dentistry 10 years experience
Can be boith: Some dentists do the cleaning after the work is done, but i persoanlly doit before, always better to do any dental work where the gums are in good shape.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jack Binder
Specializes in Dentistry
Depends: It is better to approach dentistry in an organized fashion. Having your teeth cleaned first lets the dentist do a better, more thorough examination. If you are in pain, the dentist might take care of the pain on an emergency basis before a cleaning and examination.
Dr. John Rohm
Cosmetic Dentistry 34 years experience
Cleaning: Usually your first visit is to find out what needs to be done. If you haven't had that appointment the dentist doesn't know how much time to reserve for you or what procedure is required. Many times a cleaning will be performed at this visit.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 46 years experience
Depends: Normally a consultation, exam, cleaning and x-rays are performed first. Then a treatment plan will be discussed. Depending upon your time and the dentist's time and schedule, you may have the option to get some work done.
Last updated May 7, 2016