U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

What to do if i have a cavity on the upper right back tooth that is hurting me bad how do i make it feel better till my dentist appointment?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Dell Goodrick
A Verified Doctoranswered
34 years experience
See dentist sooner: When is your dental appointment? Call the dental office and tell them you are in pain. They should be able to get you in sooner. You may need to get on an antibiotic if there is infection before treatment can be done. Also, in the meantime, taking over-the-counter pain meds like Advil or Aleve (naproxen) should assist you, but try to get in tomorrow.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 55 years experience
If you Dentist can't see you perhaps he/she can refer you to an Endodontist.
Jun 10, 2014
Last updated Jun 24, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.