New York, NY

When i went to my dentist for a cleaning last weekend they didn't seem to say anything about my swollen red upper gums. they said i had clean teeth. but i need to get my wisdom teeth removed and have a few cavities. could this be contributing to the red s

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 42 years experience
Communication: Best bet is to discuss your concerns with the dentist who examined you. Seems like you have some treatment that is needed, and your symptoms may be related to your wisdom teeth and cavities.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 38 years experience
Not related: If you noticed a swelling, redness or frequent bleeding gums, it may be a sign that you are at risk for or already have gum disease. See your dentist for re-evaluation.
Dr. Debra Rosenblatt
Dentistry 40 years experience
Speak with DDS: You need to speak with the dentist and or hygienist and address the following, what is my home care regimen and how can it be improved? Can I see a copy of my periodontal charting and explain what the numbers mean to me. Why do you think I have red swollen gingiva and what are the remedies to have this addressed.
Last updated Jan 11, 2016