if alcohol drinking may lead to oral cancer, then does this mean that using mouth wash also may cause cancer?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Cancer of mouth: Using mouth wash to rinse your mouth is not known to cause oral cancer.
Dr. Mark Bornfeld
Dentistry 45 years experience
Theoretically, yes.: Although I am unaware of any authoritative studies linking alcohol-containing mouthwashes with cancer, there is a presumption that alcohol from any source can act as a carcinogen. Epidemiologic studies have linked alcoholic beverage consumption with oral cancer, and this is thought to be at least partially a topical effect (due to contact between alcohol and the oral mucous membranes).