U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 50-year-old female asked:

My 4-yr old son complains of pain in his leg since he was 2.his orthopedic dr. required x-ray&it was normal.he still has pain.whom shld we consult?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hemendra Parikh
Pediatrics 53 years experience
Pediatrician: There are many causes of pain in the legs. Thorough discussion of when he complains of pain, how consistent pain is as regards to location, and what other findings are there on his complete physical exam would help your pediatrician guide you to proper evaluation and treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Mika Hiramatsu
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Growing pains?: Usually with a serious illness e.g. Infection, cancer, or chronic disease, you would see some other symptom in 2 years, such as fever, weight loss, rash, etc. It is good that you saw an orthopedist. Could it be growing pains? They usually come in the evening. Heat and massage are most helpful. Do you have a pediatrician? S/he might suggest a simple blood test or perhaps a referral.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 12, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.