Culpeper, VA

i'm 6 weeks with a dry cough nd asthma i'm having an extremely hard time breathing is this effecting my baby?

Dr. Mika Hiramatsu
Yes: Yes, your baby needs oxygen to thrive. Stress is not good for your baby. Please get medical attention for both you and your bsby's sake!.
Dr. Luis Matos
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 45 years experience
It might: A dry cough can be a sign of active asthma problems. If you are having shortness of breath more than twice a week, then you need to be taking a controller medication every day. There are several medications that are considered safe during pregnancy. Keep in mind that if your baby is not getting enough oxygen, this is more damaging than any asthma inhalers.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
M.D. visit needed.: The dry cough that you are having is most likely related to your asthma. Identifying the triggers of your symptoms, for example cold air then developing a plan to avoid the trigger is part of the management. In addition, using a form of anti inflammatory medication such as prednisone or an inhaled steroid, will help you manage your symptoms. In addition sinusitis/reflux/aspiration are possible
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
See doctor ASAP: Asthma exacerbation during pregnancy poses danger to the fetus. You need to see a doctor ASAP and may need a short course of steroid. Don't delay another minute.