the gums on the bottom left side of my mouth hurt and bleed when i brush my teeth. could it be some oral disease?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Dominick Curalli
19 years experience Dentistry
Gingivitis: Sounds like a case of gingivits. If it has been a long time since your last cleaning, tartar can build up and irritate the gums making them painful and bleed easily. Time to give the dentist a call.
Answered on Mar 21, 2015
1
Dr. Stephen Gordon
42 years experience Dentistry
Possibly: You need to have a dentist thoroughly evaluate your problem. It could be something as "simple" as a canker sore, to periodontal (gum line and jaw bone recession) disease. Please see your dentist so they may discuss your problem and treatment options.
Answered on Mar 26, 2013