U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 49-year-old member asked:

Acute golfers elbow. help?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 50 years experience
The sooner you: The sooner you'll be able to return to your usual activities. 1-rest. Put your golf game or other repetitive activities on hold until the pain is gone. 2-ice the affected area. 3-take an over-the-counter pain reliever.(aleeve or advil). 4-reduce the load on your elbow. 5-possible injection. 6-return to your game.
Dr. Michael Umanoff
undefined 41 years experience
Treatments include rest and PT. Do not advise the use of steroid injections due to accelerated breakdown of the tendons. Tenex procedure is a good option.
Apr 18, 2014
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Golfer's elbow: Anti inflammatories can be tried along with physiotherapy . If not helping consult with your doctor for considering steroid injection. http://patient.info/doctor/tennis-elbow-and-golfers-elbow

Similar questions

A 31-year-old member asked:

I have golfers elbow and need help, what doctor to see?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vinay Pampati
Orthopedic Surgery 18 years experience
Orthopedic surgeon: Your family doctor can manage this but if it persists you will be sent to an Ortho surgeon.
Last updated Oct 25, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.