I work at a daycare and constantly get sick. know any good ways to go about boosting my immune system?

8 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Echinacea and soap: Daycare workers get sick all the time. Hazard of the trade. However, an herbal supplement such as echinacea or airborne can help some with preventing viral infections. Best defense? Washing hands, not touching eyes and nose after touching surfaces or children, and changing shirts periodically though the day. And getting a flu shot!

Answered 1/14/2017

6.2k views

Vitamin D: According to an increasing number of studies, people with adequate vitamin d levels are less likely to get colds, the flu, etc.. Echinacea, zinc lozenges, and elderberry extract can all be useful to shorten the duration and intensity of a cold if taken regularly within the first 24 hours of symptoms. Agree with good hand washing and keeping them away from your face, and with getting flu shot.

Answered 12/6/2016

6.1k views

Dr. Michael Rothman answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

No magic pill: Many people are looking for some "magic pill" to "boost their immune system". There is no such pill. However, there is a way to boost your immune system, live a healthy lifestyle. Proper diet, proper sleep- wake cycles, healthy environment, proper exercise are the foundation of good health and good immune health. Supplements should be used selectively to supplement a healthy diet.

Answered 12/6/2016

5.3k views