Mount Pleasant, MI

I get a pain in my lower left abdomen. really sharp. i have a concern due to the fact i have a lot of kidney stones. but it's not kidney stone they sa?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology 28 years experience
Get seen fast.: I would seriously get this worked up soon because it could be several things, not the least of which is a possible ectopic pregnancy. If you had your period, it's unlikely to be an ectopic pregnancy, but it still can be serious, like an intestinal block, diverticulitis, or what is known as a volvulus, or twisting of a bowel segment. It might even be a hernia, so see your doctor for a full workup.
Dr. Bradley Rieders
undefined 41 years experience
IBS: If this has gone on for more than 6 months you may have irritable bowel syndrome. You should see a doctor and have a complete physical. You may need to get an xray of your abdomen and other test. If the pain is severe seek immediate care.

Last updated May 28, 2018