Sterling, VA

I'm about 5'5 my mom is 5'7 and my dad is 6 ft tall i am 18 and started puberty very late in 9th grade. i am still growing what height might i grow ?

Dr. Jon Yost
Dr. Jon Yostanswered
22 years experience
One Guess is 5' 7": One way to calculate your adult height is the mid-parental height. To do so, add your parent's height in inches together. Divide the anwer by two (that's the average height). Now, for girls, subtract 2.5 inches. For you that would be 5' 7" give or take 3 inches. Late bloomers start their gorwth spurt later, but lasts longer than average. Your height may therefore may be different.
Dr. Ryan Stewart
Pediatrics - Endocrinology 18 years experience
Depends: Your genetic potential or mid-parental height is 5 ft 7 in. Your current height is within the acceptable variation around your genetic potential. At 18 years of age, it is unlikely your growing anymore at an appreciable rate. If your period started longer than two years ago then you're probably done. If you want to know for sure, have your doctor get a bone age ( x-ray of left hand).
Last updated Jan 1, 2017