What time of the day or night should i take my norvasc (amlodipine) tablet (5 mg) for maintainenance of blood pressure?

Dr. Bart Denys
Cardiology 40 years experience
Norvasc (amlodipine): Amlodipine (norvasc) has a very long (72 hours) half time. This means that is takes 3 days for 1/2 of the dose to be eliminated by the body. In conclusion, it doesn't matter when you take it as long as you take it every day :-).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Mark Stern
Cardiology 47 years experience
I like night , but..: I like night , but it probably doesn't matter much as long as you take it once per day, every day.
Last updated Apr 24, 2020