U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
The Colony, TX
A 30-year-old female asked:

Have gastroparesis. seen in er for upper left ab pain nausea and vommiting. no blockage or obstruction buy said my chronic gastritis w/ reacitve gastrophy may have worsened? also have lost weight (w/o trying) since ladt visit? what do i ask my gi on tues

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 48 years experience
Gastroparesis: Do you have underlying diabetes? If so controlling diabetes will reveal some of your symptoms. Under guidance of your GI specialist, you may want to try metaclopramide, Erythromycin or even a gastric pacemaker if you the right candidate. Reactive gastritis is due to some offending event or substance. Can be controlled by avoiding the offending agent like alcohol or coffee, spices/ antacids help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 25, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.