Plano, TX

in winter, when washing hands frequently with cold water, i get dehydrated, cracked, peel, and bleeding skins on my hands.. how to treat this. thanks.?

Dr. Nicole Bressler
Dr. Nicole Bressleranswered
Emergency Medicine 9 years experience
Heavy Creams: Look for a thick heavy cream to use, they may work better for you than regular lotion. You can find them at almost any drug store. Also if you are outside in the cold, wear gloves. Another tip, when you wash your hands make sure you dry them of very well, including between your fingers. Making sure you drink plenty of water can help keep you hydrated in general, including your skin.
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 29 years experience
for deep cracks you can actually use crazy glue to seal the crack closed, also add oral Vitamin E
Aug 24, 2014